Tuesday, May 11, 2004



Darn this all-too-easy blogging format! I should be working.

Anyway, here's a picture of me from my friend NanoNine's villain party earlier this year. ("Dress as your favorite villain!") I went as Martha Stewart. (Yet I still like her products and so on.)

I find that I tend to complain first, verify later. For example, I began my online financial aid application recently (for the last time ever! Yippee! Anyway...)

When I got to the part that asked for my username and pin, it wouldn't accept the pin I had written down last year. I tried three or four times before giving up in frustration and requesting a new pin be sent. (By snailmail--grrr!) I was very annoyed at the delay, despite (or more likely because of) my own contribution to the lateness of my application.

When I got the little confidential computer-printed envelope containing the pin, I opened it, and then tucked it into a random secret spot deep in the folder where I keep information for financial aid. As I did so, I noticed that there was an identical little computer-printed envelope already in the secret spot. I opened it, and there was the exact same number--I had already done the exact same thing last year!

So all that annoyance and frustration was for no reason, and I'm extremely predictable. If I could only remember what I've done in the past...

5 comments:

argotnaut said...

Actually, I raw-thuh like that sweater . . .

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Where are the small shrubberies hand-crafted from paper doilies? ----

Limey, (AKA The Case Study)

liz said...

Yes, I wanted to keep the sweater, but it was Tracy's.

The hand-grown silk doily shrubberies are just to the left of the...well, out of the photo. But you can be sure they're there.

liz said...

Oops--I was just trying to get rid of that doubled comment, but the format makes it look as though it was something offensive that I censored!