Sunday, October 10, 2004

Having finished my thesis (except the part where I'm running around trying to get signatures) was a little like dragging an old mattress out of a closet I wanted to clean out. Too bad that when I finally got it out, a cartload of other stuff turned out to be stacked up behind it, and is now tumbling down in an avalanche on my head. I don't think there's anything I've gotten finished in "good time" in the past two years. Maybe three.

Getting back to "jogging" in the mornings. Mainly for mood control, since it helps my worry about school stuff shrink to manageable size. Also immediately began sleeping through the night again. Furthermore, reduces my need for a midday nap. All this despite the fact that this is basically just a 1/4-1/2 mile trot around the park! Amazing how much it helps. But I have to do it before 7 or 7:30am, or else it starts feeling like it's edging into my work time. It doesn't fix everything, but it's close to a miracle cure for a lot of stuff, minute for minute.

Return of cool weather = nesty impulses, including cooking and baking. Need to piece together that pink sweater I knitted this summer, too. Had the foresight to purchase window-insulating plastic the exact last week before it turned cool.

TheLimey claims he somehow beat me up in his sleep in the middle of the night last night, but I have no memory of being pummeled or kicked. As far as I know, I slept better than I have in a couple weeks!

Well, better pack up my stuff again to return home and try to do more work. Writing the midterm exam for my students, which is far better than taking an exam, but also far more time-consuming. Hope they read the text!

No comments: