Monday, August 23, 2004

Still alive, but barely, due to apparent mental reaction to restarting work on --well, everything, after weekend of non-academia. Thought I might get some work done while sister and Simon were both visiting, but that was a ludicrous imagining. Feeling too busy to begin sentences with anything but verbs, apparently.

Thank goodness I finally got to see Simon. Was becoming positively neurotic after a freakin' month of long-distance relationship, and am unfortunately not exaggerating when I say I was about to have an emotional breakdown if I didn't get to see him soon. Now it will be yet another two weeks before we see each other again, but both our travel schedules will cease and desist come September.

Must remind self (à la entry in Frinkenstein) that I am living my dream!

Now, must go back home and work more.

The sucky thing is, I can't prepare for teaching my new class in the detailed, organized, and fun way that I would have if I didn't also have thesis and quals/comps paper due the day before class begins.

Oxford commas rule!

5 comments:

Gwen said...

You poor thing. What a workload. Am glad that you at least have moments of holidays, reading about Oxford commas and such. I am, personally, lost without an Oxford comma. Give me a read-aloud text without Oxford commas, and I'm a bumbling fool. I just never knew the name of them before now (and E, S & L)!

Hang in there, girl, and take the occasional break. At the end of it all, you want to be the doctor, right, and not the patient...

Mark said...

Shouldn't the gramatically incorrect "Oxford Comma" actually be "..."?

--- Grammar Stasi

argotnaut said...

I can see that I'm going to have to hurry up and get this book, if I'm to keep up around here . . .

liz said...

Maybe you can borry mine when I come to visit.

liz said...

That ellipsis is nothing at all like an Oxford comma!

>tsk<