Monday, February 27, 2006

I Got Yer Diaper Cakes Right Here, Ma



Now that I know where to start looking and making preparations, I've been looking up diaper services (to no avail so far, unfortunately). On one search I got this odd result (above--click pic for legible size):

At first I thought it was just one of those weird fake search results that tosses your search term in with random other words just to make you click on it. I mean, diaper cakes?! Yes, I'm pretty sure anyone can make diaper cakes, if you know what I mean.

But my curiosity led me to actually search for diaper cakes, and it turns out it's an actual item that is associated with baby showers: a "cake" made out of diapers and other baby accessories.

It can be taken to ridiculous extremes, as seen here.

Anyway, I just wish I could find us a nice diaper service...I only found two in Michigan overall, and the closest was in Kalamazoo. Which will be a couple hours away. (So no dice.)

2 comments:

Tim said...

Okay, I have a question. Why would you want a diaper cake to look like a wedding cake? Wouldn't that seem to imply that you had a "shotgun wedding?"

liz said...

I don't think it has to be logical, just fant-see!

(When it comes down to it, a $1000 wedding cake is not exactly logical anyway, is it?)