Monday, July 25, 2005

Saw a wild turkey in a tree and a lizard by the side of the road when driving to TheLimey's on Sunday. I bet if I had been walking, they would have heard me galumphing along and run off before I arrived. So much for not seeing things while driving! I have also greatly appreciated the sinful, sinful air conditioning during this incredible heat wave.

Did a massive number of things over the weekend: saw a friend I haven't seen in 20 years, attended the Ypsilanti Beer Festival, moved more boxes of stuff, etc. I have a lot of photos but haven't really been online much in order to post them. The neighbors' internet has been mostly gone for the past couple weeks so I've done very little spontaneous posting.

In the course of only two or three days, the wedding has gone from being three months away to just over three weeks away. it was very sudden. People are just now beginning to call me about the travel/lodging arrangements that I've been urging them to make for months now, of course, which makes me feel panicky (or at least anxious if you want to stick to diagnostic definitions).

The official RSVP list is up to nearly 90, and the probable count is closer to about 175. Most of my colleagues who are coming haven't officially RSVPed, although a couple people have told me they won't be able to make it. I didn't choose the same weekend as the annual APA convention on purpose, but that's how it turned out.

No comments: