Friday, January 22, 2010

Hooked

I've been doing little in the past three weeks other than trying to manage Limelet's sleep disturbances, plus some basic cooking and cleaning.  And some occasional vegetative escape-websurfing.
However, while cooking and cleaning, I've been watching Torchwood from the beginning on Netflix.  I expected to enjoy it somewhat, but in point of fact I am totally hooked.  I'm sad now because it's the weekend and I won't be able to watch any more until Monday! 
I had not heard much about it before, although we caught maybe one static-y episode on PBS a few years ago late at night.  Some of the video editing and camera work is too aggressive and choppy for my taste, but not so that I can't overlook it. If forced to compare it to something, I'd say it's more or less CSI: Star Trek X-Files, in Cardiff.  For some reason.
I am also happy to see actors who, although attractive, are not entirely made of plastic, as in US programs.  (I am charmed by Eve Myles's teeth gap.)  And I want her hair now.
I'm not saying this is fine highbrow material, but I am certainly having a good time watching it.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I really like John Barrowman from his stint on Doctor Who. I haven't seen Torchwood but I might have to check it out.