Sunday, March 16, 2008

Savings, Schmavings

I'm a little late for my yearly rant about Stupid Daylight Savings. It's much worse now having a kid. So, anyway, consider it ranted upon.

Now, for my alternative (I finally have one): we set the clocks back one hour 24 times each year, giving us all an extra hour to sleep in every few weeks or so, and coming 'round to the original time once per year. I realize it means that we'll be getting up when it's getting dark (or is dark) out for part of the year. But I think that the gain in restedness we'll all have will make up for it.

No more of this getting up an hour earlier during the springtime. This year it was just when we were all feeling vastly relieved because it was finally getting light when we got up. Then, BLAM! Now we have to get up in the dark again while still feeling tired.

Which more or less blows my alternative suggestion out of the water, but I don't care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luckily, we don't have to worry about this in AZ - no Daylight Savings stuff going on here. However, our clocks still seem to worry about it and we have to manually change them back, and we also have to calculate how many hours behind and ahead our friends and family are because their hours change but ours doesn't which causes the time difference to be sometimes 2 hours sometimes 3 hours - Can never win! Stupid Daylight Savings!