Thursday, June 23, 2005

Last night, while the world of all my desperate to-dos continued to crash down around me, I went to Chuck E. Cheese.

This was really because one of my colleagues threw a surprise birthday party for his wife there.

As it was my first time at a Chuck E. Cheese, I took full advantage of the entertainment possibilities. Along with several others, I played air hockey, but on my knees since it was really really tiny. I also tried skee-ball, which was slightly harder but also very small in scale. My favorite, however, was the game in which I had to punch some buttons to get little plastic balls to jump into the mouth of a big plastic frog.

I also tried some of the rides:

Velocipede


...and after spending the evening envying the children their gerbil-tube hanging from the ceiling, I finally snuck into it via the exit slide once the employees had closed it down. I think they preferred not to notice, as there are cameras everywhere in that joint.

Gerbil Tube


It turns out that crawling around in plastic tubes is very hard on the knees. We must all have had much chubbier knees as children.

No comments: