Thursday, December 11, 2008

Internets Advice

A friend of mine who still thinks that I am somehow internet savvy recently posed this question to me:

"My close friends from high school, mostly the wedding party at my wedding, are hoping to return to [party town] this year to celebrate [wife] and I being married for five years.  Anyway, I'm looking for a site where they can all be members, we can chat about who wants to drive, who wants to get hotel rooms, etc. . . and then possibly have an ongoing survey to see where the next get together will be.  "

Now, I'd probably just use eVite myself, because I already know about it.  But perhaps some of you have used other sites to this end and have better ideas.  I promise I'll give you full citation for the advice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try http://www.mypunchbowl.com

Tim said...

If you want a space with all the options of a social network (yet private) you might want to try Ning (ning.com).

liz said...

The final decision (via email):

"thanks for all of the suggestions. We ended up going with www.nexo.com - it seemed to offer what we were looking for in terms of poll options running blogs and the ability to upload pics and videos of our getogethers."

Karen the Californian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.